Monday, March 22, 2010

Life, School, Photography and Gardening

It has been a while since my last blog and it is about time for a new post. Life has been somewhat quiet but I’m always looking for something to do. Being out of work, like many people out there, allows me time to do different things. The job search is in full swing but there is not much out there and with un-employment benefits looking weak, there is a bigger need to find work wherever possible.

My main goal right now is to finish my General Business AA degree at Long Beach City College. This is my last semester and I have been accepted at Cal State Dominguez Hills for Fall 2010 where I plan to graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree. The goal will take a bit longer than normal because of the high costs and I will only be able to take 2 classes per semester. I hope to end up not only with a greater chance of a better job but also a huge sense of accomplishment.

Photography is my passion and hoping into more than just a hobby. I use the internet and other ways to get my name out there. My main website has a “links” page for all of my pages all over the internet and I try to keep up on all of them. I have been contacted by people from all around the world about my work. Along with the web, I also participate in the 2nd Saturday Artwalk in Downtown Long Beach every month. Each month brings in new and repeat customers but not always a guarantee. I’m always on the look-out for events and opportunities to share my photography. If there are any opportunities I am missing, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Gardening has become a new hobby of mine and it is blooming. I dove right in and started a garden after reading many blogs and doing research online. I do not claim to be a great gardener but hope to learn as much as possible. I have started with basic vegetables and seem to be doing fine with it and hope to have some good crops.

Well, I think I got most of what is going on in my life right now. If you follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook, you will see my updates concerning pretty much everything going on. I want to mention as well that without my amazing wife, life would be completely different. She has always been there for me and has supported me in many ways. I do not know where I would be without her and would not trade it for anything in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I've been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me.
    Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good
    content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.


    Feel free to visit my web page Visit Website

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails