Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cooking Spaghetti Squash

Well,

As I said via Twitter yesterday, I am posting about cooking my first spaghetti squash. This will not be the last one I cook either because I have another 2 in the garden that are close to picking.

I looked up the simplest way to cook spaghetti squash and found many answers. There are recipes to boil it, bake it, mix it in with pasta sauce among many others. I feel like Bubba Gump when he is talking about all the different ways shrimp can be cooked but I digress. Of course, I chose the easiest way and here are my results.

Items you will need:

1. Spaghetti Squash
2. Microwave
3. Big Kitchen Knife (just be careful)
4. 1 microwave safe dish
5. Plastic wrap
6. Vegetable cleaning brush
7. Spoon
8. Fork

Directions:
1. Rinse of Squash under the sink using vegetable brush. Nothing special, just make sure it is clean.

2. Using that big kitchen knife, while being very careful, cut the squash lengthwise.

3. Using the spoon, scoop out all the seeds.

4. Place squash down on the microwave safe plate and put a tiny bit of water under it.

5. Pull the plastic wrap over the top of the plate covering it all and tuck it under the plate.

6. Pop into microwave for about 10 minutes on high. If you have a larger squash, it may need more time.

7. Carefully remove plastic wrap. It will be hot and may need additional time to cool off a bit.

8. While still warm but not cold, use the fork and scrape out the spaghetti like strands.

9. Scrape out al the flesh and there should just be the outer shell left over.


I never thought I would post "recipes" in my blog but here we are. Maybe something like this will bring in more readers or solicit some comments. I am here for questions and inquiries that you may have. Do not be afraid. I tried to describe as best I could but I know my writing is not perfect.

I will now step off my "soap box" and may be back soon.

-Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails