Monday, June 21, 2010

Finally, a Photography Post

My last blogs have been about my gardening but do not think that my photography has been replaced. If anything, gardening has kept my creative juices flowing.

Gardening is a slow process that takes time and can be frustrating at times. By taking pictures; I not only keep track of it but also helps me share my experiences with all of you! These photos are a new category in my massive collection.

If you have been following my blog, you know that I do set up a booth at the Long Beach Artwalk every second Saturday. I have met many people there that have not only admired my work but also purchased a print or two. I not only participate in this event to sell my work, but also an amazing way to network. The new way of doing business must have networking included because it is a must in order to stay in business.

I am always looking for ways to expand my product offering. I started with simple matted and framed prints but I needed something more. In order to expand my client base, I need to have options at different price points. I then added greeting cards to the product offering and it has worked well for me. Greeting cards not only give another price point but they make it much easier to share my photography.

THere is a mom that has come back multiple times to purchase the next card in my "rubber duck" series. She started with the main one and mailed it to her daughter that is away at college. Her daughter loved it and now waits every month for the new card. The series consists of 3 mini rubber ducks that I was given by my mother in law. I have taken photos of them for different holidays. Some of these are: Valentine's, Halloween, Easter among a few others. I have a good start but still need to finish it out and possibly get a calendar printed.

My next product offering will be canvas prints. I am in the process of searching for a company that does good work but does not cost an arm and a leg. I know that most people would say that I will get what I pay for, but I can dream can I not? If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

I initially started this blog to share information about my photography but it bounces around with different topics. Like I have said before, life happens all the time and I cannot ignore it. I believe that sharing more facets of my life, helps my readers see me in different lights. I am not saying that every last detail needs to be shared but major events are "fair game", at least for me.

-Luis Tobon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails