Monday, June 14, 2010

Garden Teasers

Just like the title says, I'm teasing my readers with a few photos from my garden. I went around this morning and took pictures of everything currently growing in the garden. There are a few that are almost ready for picking and others that are just starting to come in.

I added links to other websites with more detailed information about each plant.

With that said, we are off to see photos!

Beefmaster:
Uses:
Salads
Eaten fresh,
General use tomatoes.

We will be using these for sandwiches and hamburgers.

More info...



Cherry:
These are great for snacking. These will be sent off to work with the wife for eating throughout the day.


More Info...


Bell Peppers:
Uses:
Fresh (salsa, salads)
Stuffing
Roasting
Pickling

The buds are just now forming and will have peppers soon.









More info...





Eggplant:
Uses:
Grilling
Frying
Baking
Stewing
Dips
This vegetable has grown on me and I enjoy it more every time I eat it.

More information...

Radishes:
Uses:
Fresh
Salads
Garnish

This is one vegetable that I just cannot learn to like. My wife loves these and wants me to keep growing them for her to snack on.

These only take about a month from seed to full size, and they will grow in most soils.





More Info...



Spaghetti Squash:
Uses:
Replacement for spaghetti.

Boil entire squash for about 20 minutes, cut open and scoop out "spaghetti noodles".

More Info...


Well, that is all I'm giving you for now. There are a few others but why give it all up? I gotta keep readers coming back for more.

As always, comments and/or questions are always welcome and appreciated.

-Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails