Monday, July 18, 2011

New Lens!

I can now say that I have another lens in my arsenal, and it will probably become my primary weapon. I was looking for something that would "fit" in between my 18-55 kit lens and 70-200mm L glass. I love both lenses but having to switch back and forth between them is a bit of a pain. I have 2 bodies, but the added weight makes a huge difference when traveling.

I can't take all of the credit for the research, as my wife was the one that first found the lens on a travel discussion board. She loves planning vacations and knows that I may need some new toys to go along with them.  After researching the different options, I was set on the Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3.

The price was right, especially with the $150 rebate, and the range is fantastic. I ready many reviews online that helped me make my decision. There was a lot of positive feedback, but of course, not all was positive. The only real complaint that I found was possibly the sharpness when zoomed out to 270mm, but most large lenses seem to have that issue. 

I know that my last post was about having less equipment, and technically I am buying more equipment, but this will actually help eliminate some equipment in the long run. I may not need to carry 2 separate lenses, and could possibly get away with just one.

I know I didn't get very technical about the specs on the lens, but they can be found here.

I just got picked this up yesterday and haven't really taken it out, but that will change soon. I will post photos on Flickr and possibly here.


Til next time!
 

Luis,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails